Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Frustrated? Or self conscious?

     Hello my fellow bloggers! Halloween is over (finally!) and November is upon us! In my community where I reside, there is one particular road that runs by a body of water. This road is windy and twisty, and there are trees all along the road! As November approaches, all of the leaves on the trees change colors! Auburn, orange, auburn orange, sunkist red, burnt red, brilliant orange, and magnificent shades of yellow. These leaves are freaking beautiful! One of my good friends who I have mentioned a few times in this blog posted a picture on Twitter of a fall scene! I wanted to share it with you! So here it is! Isn't that magnificent?
     Now, on with the story! In my Spanish class the other day, Our worksheet posed a question in one of it's many activities. The question was in Spanish of course, but I am going to give you the English translation! The question was this: If you were stood up on a date, you would feel.... A- frustrated, or B- self conscious. I had a small debate with my seat mate about this...I automatically said frustrated, because if someone stands me up, and I feel self conscious, then they got the best of me. I would be frustrated. My seat mate thought the opposite.
     So when it came time to go over this worksheet, I raised my hand and answered with frustrated. My Spanish teacher thought it was also self conscious, like my seat mate. This got the whole class talking and discussing. I still think the answer it frustrated. What do you think? I have posted a poll up on the top-left hand corner of this blog for you to share your opinion! I'll review the answers in a week when the voting is up! Please share your opinion!
     Farewell my fellow bloggers, and in the words of a Yahoo Answers user, "Best thing about being stood up? The hot guy sitting in the next booth..."

No comments:

Post a Comment