Monday, October 17, 2011

Decisions, decisions.

     My fellow bloggers; I was pouring Robitussin last night, and I discovered that this was a very complicated process, despite what many people may think. When pouring medicine, you either pour it into a medicine cup, or a measuring stick, or you simply use a spoon. In my household, we are fresh out of medicine cups. My only option was a spoon.  So I open the cap to the medicine bottle, pull a spoon out of the silverware drawer of my kitchen, and then, it hit me.
     I was faced with a very important, and crucial decision:  how do I pour my medicine?
  1. I could pour the medicine with my non-dominant hand, and hold the spoon with my dominant hand, which has several risks. Holding the medicine bottle with your non-dominant hand risks missing the spoon you were supposed to our onto, spilling the medicine all over the kitchen counter, making a sticky mess!
  2. I could pour the medicine with my dominant hand, and hold the spoon with my non-dominant hand, which also has great risks. If you pour with your dominant, you're fine. But then when it comes time to put that spoon up to your mouth successfully, that's where the problems appear. You could spill it all over your nice shirt, or your pants! Or even get it on your chin! and my friends, let me tell you: medicine is sticky!
For those of you who are lucky enough, and privileged enough to have a medicine cup in your humble abode, cherish it, like you would your most prized possession. Farewell my fellow bloggers, and in the words of Robitussin, "When your cold is at its strongest, you need the strongest relief. Robitussin provides effective relief for your peak cold,
cough and mucus symptoms."

No comments:

Post a Comment